Ideas To Use In A Malware Analysis Research Paper
The Internet is an integral part of our daily life now. As the number of users is increasing day by day, the services provided to us via the internet have increased. From basic communication to online banking, the market for the sale of products internet has evolved. In the virtual world, there are people who want to use legitimate people to make money. And, here malicious software comes into play.
Malware can be a virus, horse, Trojan, worms, spyware, backdoor or rootkit. The malicious software works by harming operating system of the host. It works by gathering the information without the host permission.
Malware analysis comes under two main categories:
- Static Malware Analysis
- Dynamic Malware Analysis
Static Malware Analysis takes place by separating different sources of the binary file. The different sources are then studied without executing the file. Static analysis can help in finding memory corruption errors and prove the correct model if the source code is available.
Dynamic Malware Analysis works by observing malware behavior on the host system when it is running. This analysis takes place in sandboxes so that malware does not infect system.
Various Researches are taking place on malware analysis. The need for internet and computer is increasing on a large basis. A major growing area is for the research of computer virus. Models like Lotka–Volterra equations are important for mathematical study of infectious worms. This model applies to the biological study field.
Some ideas for malware analysis are:
Behavioral malware detection is growing in the section. Mostly this investigation is based on dependencies of the system call. Strace or taint analysis which is more precise computes the dependency of data flow among call of the system. Some of these ideas are:
- The problem of software similarity in malware analysis
- Malware classification by string and function
- Different execution paths for malware analysis
- Flow techniques for containment and malware analysis
- Malware detection limits of static analysis
- Malware analysis by mining API calls
- Classification of malware by call graph clustering
- Use cases of malware analysis
- Malware research
- Computer security incident management
- Indicator of Compromise extraction
- Investigation is done in all or any of the Four Stages of Malware Analysis.
- Static Properties Analysis
- Manual Code Reversing
- Interactive Behavior Analysis
- Fully-Automated Analysis